Tuesday, May 5, 2009

El Estor was a beautiful little town on lake Izabal. The ride out was amazing. Andy knew the guy that drove the microbus from his mission and once we were far enough out of the city he let me climb up and ride on the luggage rack. How I wish I´d had my camera then. We caught a ride in the back of a nice pick up that took us halfway to Puerto barrios and then took a bus the rest of the way. The countryside gets really lush as you get closer to the coast. We stayed one night in a really nice place in Puerto Barrios and then took a boat to Livingston where the Garifuna people live. We had some fun there and met up with a seven other young tourists from Canada, France, and Denmark that we a traveling with to Flores today to see Tikal. The bus we will be takng had troubles with two tires so it will be arriving a little late, so we are waiting for it to get here and using internet. Andy and I are the only ones that speak spanish in our little party so we´ve kind of become the offical translators/guides. It is hot and sweaty all the time. You pretty much get used to it and it feels normal. The bus we´re taking now will be airconditioned and first class so that will be nice. Oh, we took a boat from livingston up to rio dulce and that was great trip. Guatemala reminds me a lot of Florida. We´ve had a great time, been a lot of places and met a lot of really cool people. I know these posts are short and shallow, but I will write better ones when i´m in santa clara and have time. Some more pics--

No comments:

Post a Comment