Monday, June 22, 2009

Goodly Parents

“ . . . and he did walk after the ways of his father, insomuch that he did prosper in the land.”
~Helaman 3: 20

I talked to my family yesterday, for Father's Day. It was really good to hear from them. I couldn't have asked for better parents, and that's no exaggeration. The other day I was reading in the Book of Mormon and the ultimate importance of keeping the commandments settled deep in my soul all over again. Not that I ever had big problems with this, but the importance of it was again carried to my heart, and deeply impressed upon me. More than a reminder, an old lesson taken to the next level. Staying close to the Lord by keeping his commandments is THE important thing in life. And then I realized again that my greatest examples of this have always been my parents. They are beautiful people whose strength lies in the Lord. And they are strong. And I have been blessed because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment