Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What Happens When I Sleep

“Last night I had the strangest dream.” Aaron and Nathan and I went to the Asian Emmies(?), and somehow it turned into an open singing competition. At one point Aaron went up and sang, I can't remember what, and ended up winning, so they awarded him an Emmy and then the whole place magically converted into a bookstore and they let him choose any book he wanted. Afterwards he showed us the book. The cover design was surprisingly impressive, which makes me wonder how much the mind is capable of on its own, and how much it holds out on us, because I couldn't consciously design a book like that to save my life. Then I read the title: “Marx on this Guy.” And one of the reviews read, “A surrogate title, but an amazing experience.” . . . ??? . . .

Random Memories:

Eating Ding Dongs on the porch when I was like 3.

Watching The Princess Bride in Spanish with Shiree while babysitting for some relatives of hers because the dad was playing the didgeridu at a concert.

Small Pleasures of Santa Clara:

Eating beside the fire every night.
Jackie's laughter.
Reading late into the night to the sound of rain on my tin roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment